Thursday, February 19, 2009

Strawberry Awesomeness

I used to be allergic to strawberries. I would breakout in hives when forced to eat one. Recently, I found out that I no longer have that allergy.  So now, I'm making up for lost time.


On the drive to work, I noticed a cute strawberry calling out to me.



I was taunted by this quaint shack with the large, red type screaming, "Sweet & Juicy." They've been stopping commuters every strawberry season for the last 8 years.


The farm is 85 miles away in Oxnard. They pick them in the evening, then drive them to the shack at the crack of dawn.


This is Cecelia. She sells the strawberries and attends Long Beach State. As soon as they sellout, (she says they always sellout) she gets to go hit the books.


This absolutely perfect strawberry was devoured 
shortly after this photo was taken.   Awesome.


H.

No comments:

Post a Comment