Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bloomington, Illinois

When work told me they needed me to go to Chicago for a couple of days, I didn't mind. Then, I found out they meant the Chicago airport. My meeting was 2 hours outside the city in Bloomington. Ugh.

No offense to all the folks who live in this little town, but there's not much there. Still, I made the most of it by taking an afternoon walk.

This is the tower I spotted from the cab to the hotel. It was my goal to walk here and take its picture. Goal attained.

This is the TGI Friday attached to the Double Tree Inn. The hotel lobby connected to the restaurant which allowed me to shun my coat and walk up to the bar in a t-shirt.

I was absolutely unprepared for the temperature. In my paranoid mind, I swore that during my 45 minute walk I had frostbitten my fingers and the tips of my ears.

I couldn't hold my head up because I was so cold. That's when I spotted this cool tree stump.

This wasn't the typical California sunset I was used to, but I still enjoyed it. Reminded me of a melancholy poem. Made me feel reflective and happy that I lived on the west coast.

H.


No comments:

Post a Comment