Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Fourth

Spent the 4th of July with friends Javier and Gillian at Brian and Mary's in Venice. The weather cooperated beautifully. I forgot my camera so I stole Javier's iPhone. We ate, we drank, we went to a party and we gave two lovable labradors as much love as we could.


The Venice Canals along with the beach were picture perfect. The images portrayed in the movies and tv don't exaggerate by much.


Charlie (a female) is the endearing 5 yr old, while the very excitable 14 week old is Wednesday (also a female). The little pup is a seeing eye-dog in training. Both were disgustingly adorable.


Brian and Mary cooked up a spread that included amazing ribs, phenomenal potato salad and flawlessly sweet corn-on-the-cob.
Pure gluttony.


Spotted this kid at the party we attended. He had impossibly huge eyes and an appetite for cupcakes with frosting.


Lastly, I spotted this phrase on Venice Blvd. It made me stop for a second to ponder. Hope is a verb. It's an action. It's something we do, versus handed to us. Whether it's the hope to become a better basketball player or the hope for wild-eyed dreams to come true, I guess it's up to me to make it an action.

Hope everyone had a good Fourth.


- H.


No comments:

Post a Comment