Thursday, August 6, 2009

Billy.

Billy is my upstairs neighbor. He's 72 years old and has been living in the complex for over 30 years. Alone. It's a bit sad, but he keeps upbeat about it. He lives for the Dodgers, America and Jesus.

I try to visit him sometimes. Although, lately I've been neglecting him because he has the tendency to talk my ear off and I've been busy. On this day, I went up to help with his tv that was on the fritz.

This is how you'll find Billy 99% of the time -- in front of the tv in his folding chair, soda pop and snack.



I first thought Billy had a thing for horses since the biggest pieces in his apartment are of frolicking colts. Nope. Someone was throwing them out and he grabbed them.





Billy has curious knick-knacks all over his apartment. He doesn't understand why anybody would throw away such treasures.


Oh yeah, Billy likes Star Trek, too. Although, I think he's moved on to the Power Rangers because I've caught him watching it twice already. But, this poster is one of his prized possessions.


Billy has this bumper sticker scotch-taped up above his bed. I guess it's the reason he's always so resilient and buoyant about life.


Tell Billy to smile for the camera, this is his go-to pose.
Funny guy.



- H.


No comments:

Post a Comment