Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bridge to Nowhere

Another hike today. It was a repeat of the one from a few weeks back because last time we fell short of getting to the "Bridge to Nowhere." Today, we met our goal of seeing this bridge with no point.


The "Bridge to Nowhere" was built in 1936, but a huge flood wiped out the road they were trying to build for it. So, they abandoned the road project giving this bridge absolutely no purpose, thus the name.


There are areas of the hike where you have to walk across lots of rocks. Maybe I need to get real trail shoes instead of old sneaks because my feet hurt.


My feet were happy soaking in the surprisingly cold river water.



As I was researching the history of the bridge, I came across a website for a company that does legal bungee jumps off the sucker. Looks like something I might treat myself to for my b-day...




-H.




No comments:

Post a Comment