Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Chance Encounter

There's a restaurant in Silver Lake I often drive past only because it's near the freeway entrance. A couple of weeks ago, I found myself on foot walking past this oft-ignored place. Since I was there, I scoped it out.


It's called El Caserio and they specialize in Ecuadorean/Italian food. Interesting combo, no?


Luckily, I was by myself because I wouldn't want anyone watching me strain myself as I pulled open this big, heavy wooden door.


The first thing you notice after you've struggled with the door is the stain-glassed ceiling that is more impressive than this poor photo.


They have a fully-stocked bar that hosted no one, but myself. Most of the customers were having meals in the garden-like patio.


I was tempted to have a meal, but I opted for an appetizer of empanadas. I thought they'd be like the ones I had in Buenos Aires, but these were fried crispy and served with a spicy hot sauce.


I cannot end this post without making fun of the tacky and loud restaurant vehicle parked out front. It almost made me keep walking.



-H.




No comments:

Post a Comment